NEW REGULATION FOR CAR HIRES
From 8 June 2015, the paper counterpart to the photo card driving licence will no longer be valid or issued by DVLA. The paper counterpart was introduced to display additional information such as endorsements /penalty points and will now only be held electronically within DVLA's driver record. To allow car hire companies to view these details, we recommended that UK Driver licence holders obtain a unique code or print their drivers licence summary 72 hours prior to the rental. This must be presented and still be valid when picking up any rental vehicle.
To obtain a passcode or print a license summary please visit: www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
The following will be required:
- Driving license number
- National Insurance Number
- The postcode on the driving license
Once on the "View Driving License" web page:
- Click on the "Share Your License Information" tab
- Click on the "Create a Code" button
- Click the link "to view, print or save your license information" and print out a copy of your 'License Summary'
Any drivers unable to obtain a passcode can call the DVLA Customer Contact Centre on 0300 083 0013 (Mon - Fri, 9am-5pm).
Should you need any help, give a member of the operations team a ring – we can help! +441224712332.